IOS 3 Pro, OS X Omni 2.12.4 PRO not syncing perspectives [A: OF3 perspectives need to be downgraded to appear in OF2]

Hi all,

The title says it all…

For some reason I have perspectives not syncing across my iOS 3 PRO version and my OSX version PRO 2.12.4 (v113.47 r314369).

Its a real pain as I just sat down to input a huge amount of analogue data.

Any one have any thoughts on this. Every where I read, it should just work…

Thanks

If the perspective was created an an upgraded perspective (or upgraded in version 3) it will not appear on version 2.

You have the option in version 3 when editing the perspective to downgrade it if it is upgraded.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

Is that correct? I thought it only hid some of the functions of the perspective.

I’ll have a play with that and see how I get on.

Thanks

What @sdrohan said is correct! OmniFocus 3 for iOS introduces a variety of new features, such as tagging, new repeat options, and a revamped perspective editor that offers a range of powerful new filtering options for custom perspectives. These features will become available on the Mac platform when OmniFocus 3 for Mac is released later this year in September.

In the interim, custom perspectives that have been created using the new OmniFocus 3 perspective editor will not appear when synced with OmniFocus 2 for Mac. When editing that perspective on your iOS device, there is an option at the bottom of the editor to “Downgrade Perspective”. Doing so will make the perspective sync-compatible with OmniFocus 2 on your Mac, but will also eliminate any aspects of that perspective that utilized newer filtering options added in OmniFocus 3.

The amount the perspective would change during the downgrading process would depend on the unique characteristics of the perspective, and which filtering options you’ve selected.

To summarize, any perspectives you wish to have access to on your Mac will need to be downgraded for the time being, until you upgrade to OmniFocus 3 for Mac after it’s released later this year. Any other perspectives that you don’t need on your Mac—or that require new perspective filtering options—can remain on the new OmniFocus 3 perspective format.

You can learn more about how custom perspectives and other features in OmniFocus 3 translate to OmniFocus 2 in this help article: Using OmniFocus 3 for iOS with OmniFocus 2 for Mac

1 Like