iOS Widget not keeping up

Hi, I often notice that tasks in the iOS widget on my iPad are ‘to-do’ when I know I’ve completed them on my iPhone. Opening OF on my iPad forces a sync and brings the widget up to date. I do notice this the other way around or if I’ve completed task on my iMac.

Is this lag in synchronisation considered normal. If I cannot Improve things then I may have to remove the widget as it leads me to doubt which tasks I have actually done.

Thank you for your help.

(1/4) To add…
My iPad OF Widget is showing that I need to buy a lottery ticket today. I know that I purchased this ticket and completed the task on my iMac earlier today. I have just opened OF on my iPad and widget has not updated, however, if I click around a bit in OF the widget eventually updates.

This really is not usable, am I the only one with this problem or am I the only one using the iOS Widget?

I use the iOS and Mac widgets too. What you describe is pretty much what I experience as well. Here are a few anecdotal things:

• Opening the app is the only sure fire way to make it sync. I know background app refresh is supposed to do this, but it never seems to update much for me at all on my iPad or iPhone.
  • The widget and badge increment will not update in the background. I absolutely have to open the app every single time if I want those to change. (Although badge decrement seems to work from background refresh if I give it enough time)

I have been dealing with these issues for years and years. I just work around them by making sure I open the app and pull down to initiate sync every time I want to do anything. I have found I have a bad time if I rely on widgets, badges, or notifications before I do this first.

@newfirewithin It is reassuring to know that I am not the only one having difficulties.

The OF team sent me some helpful tips https://support.omnigroup.com/omnifocus-push-ios-troubleshoot/ and it has helped me realise that I am closing the app too often. I am going to leave the app open to see if this really makes a difference, it sounds logical so I am hoping it goes someway to resolving my issue.

1 Like

Thanks for the link. I’m familiar with that page, and I’ve tried many of those suggestions. Good luck to you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.