Is it just me or is sync really slow?

I am new to OmniFocus and am using both iOS and macOS versions. I am using the OmniSync Server to sync everything and the iOS app tells me I only have 161 items, so that’s not a lot by any measure.

Despite this I am noticing that syncing takes figuratively forever. As I am typing this, I have changed one of my project names on my Mac and that change has not propagated to my iPhone. I have tried pulling down to refresh it, and it isn’t changing. I have tried to force quit both the iOS and Mac apps, and when I launch the iOS app it still hasn’t updated the name yet.

This is just one example, the most recent example. I switch between my iPhone and iPad a lot, and less my Mac. But, without fail, it seems like every single time I switch over to a new device it takes “seconds” for it to update with any new changes. I know it’s only seconds and that sounds like it’s not a big deal, and it really isn’t in the grand scheme of things, but it is noticeable and very annoying and until it updates and syncs I’m afraid of interacting with the app at all because I have no idea if it’ll duplicate or corrupt anything.

This problem persists whether I’m on wifi or on mobile, and through different wifi networks at different physical locations so I don’t think it’s a problem on my end. Yet, I don’t see too many complaints or mentions of syncing being slow in recent times so it could possibly be my fault after all, but it seems unlikely.

Am I just being too impatient and this is something I’m going to have to decide if it’s a dealbreaker or not? The problem doesn’t exist with the native Reminders app or in Things, so I know for a fact that it is possible to have instant syncing.

Hi iamec,

I am going through exactly the same experience.

Sync is unbearably slow. Getting notifications on devices after I changed the due date on my other device, unacceptable when trying to manage your day and not getting bothered by events that have been moved on another device. I have contacted support, let’s see what comes out of it.

This has been a long standing issue for me at least. Seems very delayed and no apparent reason. I do archive every now a then as well. Not much change. Server bandwidth issue?