Is the new multiple context functionality available in the beta builds yet?

I looked at the latest beta build notes and couldn’t find anything about multiple tags/contexts. When I tried to look at the archives of the beta release notes, it just took me back to the stable builds’ prior release notes and not the previous beta build notes. Anyone using the beta who can verify multiple contexts?

While we’re at it, do the beta versions tend to be mostly stable with a few minor issues, or total show-stoppers when something goes wrong? I’ve done beta testing of other products before, so I know it’s unpredictable. Just looking for a subjective evaluation from someone who’s done some OF testing before. Minor glitches are fine, but show-stoppers on a productivity app like OF could be a problem. Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the confusion! The feature you’re wondering about isn’t really close to being ready for testers yet—it won’t be making it into 2.9/2.19. Regarding the release notes, we do keep all of the current test period’s notes active in the app, so right now you have access to all the notes from the beginning of this test.

While we’re at it, do the beta versions tend to be mostly stable with a few minor issues, or total show-stoppers when something goes wrong?

The former. We try to convey on the test signup page and in release notes when we have a test going that carries a higher risk than normal, but even in our riskiest tests (for example the major format change last year) I can’t think of customers encountering bugs that were more than an inconvenience. Perhaps other testers can weigh in on that, though.

2 Likes

Thanks Dave, I appreciate it!

Any hint (apart of 2017) on when we’ll see the multiple contexts feature?