Is there a workaround for the bug where you cannot change the default font color for shapes in Omnigraffle 7.18.2 Pro?

Is there a workaround for the bug where you cannot change the default font color for shapes in Omnigraffle 7.18.2 Pro?

I have sent the following bug report to Omnigroup Support but I am curious to know if anyone else has found a workaround for the issue. Please see the steps to reproduce below and let me know if you have the same issue and if so, whether there’s a known workaround.

Mac: 15" MacBook Pro 2019
OS Settings:
- Dark Mode is on
- True Tone is on
- Color profile is set to “Color LCD”

Steps to reproduce A:

1. Create a new document.
  2. Set the canvas color to black.
  3. Set tool to Selection Tool and make sure nothing is selected.
  4. Hold S to activate Shape tool.
  5. In the palettes, change text color to something other than black.
  6. Release S.
  7. Note that the color immediately changes back to black.

Expected behavior A:

In step 7, the color selected in step 5. should now be the default text color for Shape tool.

Steps to reproduce B:

1. Create a new document.
  2. Set the canvas color to black.
  3. Set tool to Selection Tool and make sure nothing is selected.
  4. Double-click on the Shape tool in the toolbar.
  5. In the palettes, change text color to something other than black.
  6. Draw a new Shape.
  7. Note that the shape’s text color is black instead of being the selected color, and Shape tool’s default color has reverted back to black.

Expected behavior B:

In step 7, the color of the shape and the default text color for new shapes should be the color you selected in step 5.

Note: copying and pasting Font Style also does not work as a means by which to set the default font color of an object.

Thanks for any help folks.

I found a workaround.

Namely, modify the Omnigraffle preferences file directly using a text editor or plist editor.

Thanks, me.

2 Likes