Just started and need to reset to default please?!

I just started with Omnifocus, and really did NOT know what I was doing, deleted some files, contexts, etc – I really want to RESET everything and start. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you.

OSX Yosemite
iMac

Hi there! You can certainly get back to the default database pretty easily. Here’s how:

1. Launch OmniFocus
  2. At the top of the window, there’s a small file icon next to the window title:
3. Hold down the Command (⌘) key and click on this icon. You should see a menu pop up. 4. Select the second item there, a folder named "OmniFocus." It should pop up a Finder window. 5. Quit OmniFocus. 6. In the Finder window that opened, delete the file named `OmniFocus.ofocus`. This is your OmniFocus database – be very sure that you want to get rid of everything in OmniFocus before you delete this file! 7. Relaunch OmniFocus. If all went well, you should have the default database back.

If that doesn’t work for you, or you need more help, you can always email our support team! They’ll try to get back to you in a business day, and are great at helping out in sticky situations like this one.

Thanks for choosing OmniFocus!

1 Like