Level resource is broken when multiple resources are assigned

From what I see the latest version of OmniPlan is totally broken for the leveling resources capability when multiple resources are assigned. This is very easy to reproduce. A simple example is attached.

In this example, “Dual Task 3” should start as soon as Resource 2 becomes available. Instead, it waits until Resource 1 becomes available as well, despite setting the activity to “Resources work independently”. This makes the app useless since you can’t level resources.

Example attached.

Sorry for the trouble! Could you email a copy of your sample file to your Support team so that they can look into this with you? They can be reached by email at omniplan@omnigroup.com. Thanks!

I have emailed the reproducer to the support email group, but I have received no response.

@lfs It looks like Shane on our Support team emailed you back earlier this morning - sorry for the delay! Our Support team is fielding more tickets than usual right now as we prepare to launch OmniFocus 3 for Mac.

I’m having the same issue, so I’d be interested to hear if support was able to resolve this, or if the app doesn’t behave the way @lfs and I expected it to work. I was hoping to be able to say “all these people can work on it once they’re available and can share the load”. Basically the toggle from “Resources work independently” to “Meeting - all resources must be available” doesn’t seem to do anything.

James

Support had emailed me and confirmed that this does not work as expected with no timeline on when/if it will ever be addressed. The resource leveling is useless if you intend to do this basic task.

Very disappointing as I wanted to like OmniPlan. We had to drop it. My copy is now a virtual paperweight.

Hi, its been almost an year so wondering if this has been fixed by now as I’m also affected by this. Thanks