'Location Services' setting missing

Hi,

I read through the instructions for how to set up and use location based notifications for tags, it all seemed straight forward and simple. I’m pretty sure I’ve got the tags I want set up correctly.

In the instructions it mentions to be sure that location services are enabled for all this to work, but no such setting seems to exist, at least not where I’ve looked.

The instructions I read say to go to the iPhone Settings > Omni Focus, then enable location services, but no such setting exists there, only Reminders, Siri & Search (Siri & Suggestions, Allow on Lock Screen, Shortcuts, and Use with Siri), Background App Refresh, Cellular Data, and version/build/date information below.

I’m used to finding location settings under iPhone Settings > Privacy > Location Services > (whatever app you want to enable). I looked there, but Omni Focus isn’t listed at all.

I’ve also looked in the app’s in-app settings, but didn’t find it there.

Am I looking in the wrong places, am I doing something wrong, or could this be a bug with this release of OmniFocus iOS (3.3 Pro v128.4.2.0.334919)?
(I’m on an iPhone 7 Plus)

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you.

I stumbled upon a solution - If you tap “Nearby” on the Home screen, it prompts you to allow location services. If you allow it, then Omni Focus will appear in “Location Services” under Privacy in the iPhone settings.

As far as I can tell, that’s the only way to enable it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.