Mail > Services > Omnifocus 3: Send to Mail failure

Mojave Release, OM 3 release level code

Just trying to send email to OF3 via services interface and received this message:

The Script Handler Failed

Error executing handler script for <ScriptHandler:0x6000033a9290 com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.ScriptHandler.Mail_with_MailTags NSBundle </Volumes/OmniFocus/OmniFocus.app/Contents/PlugIns/BuiltInClippingHandlers.plugin> (not yet loaded)>: Can’t get «class mtpr» of message id 187824 of mailbox “Inbox” of account id “15435333-2179-4725-82B1-F5EBC272C70D”.

I’ve completely removed OF3 (with Hazel) and then searched all ~/Library for remaining references to OF3 and deleted those files. Verified that “Omnifocus 3:Send to Mail” does not show in Preferences/Keyboard/Services menu. Emptied trash and rebooted just for fun.

Reinstalled OF3 and got same result.

PS - Works just fine on my laptop running the same OS and OF3 release.

Head scratcher on my part. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Mark

Try a reboot. I had the same issue after upgrading, and it fixed my MBP.

Cheers…jr

rebooting did not resolve for me. I set my shortcut to shift + cmd + i, when pressing I get “The script handler failed” followed by the cryptic message below. I’ve tried rebooting and have also tried using the iMail Mail > Services > Send to inbox and am getting the same error. similar issue happed with OF2.

Error executing handler script for <ScriptHandler:0x6000033382d0 com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.ScriptHandler.Mail_with_MailTags NSBundle </Applications/OmniFocus.app/Contents/PlugIns/BuiltInClippingHandlers.plugin> (not yet loaded)>: Can’t get «class mtpr» of message id 233234 of mailbox “INBOX” of account id “672BB3B6-171C-4E93-B0A1-38DB6AD741F0”.

note
I am able to drag and drop an email from my inbox to the OF icon in the doc and it appears without incident. not ideal when trying to process a number of emails in an inbox though.

I have also tried removing the hotkey and sending again from the mail menus but the same error appears.

tia

it seems that there was some sort of conflict with MailTags (www.smallcubed.com). Their software was not updated to support mojave and when I removed the mailbundle files for it and restarted mail, I am now able to send emails to OF.

I can appreciate that it’s a busy time but I would have appreciated some acknowledgement of the issue… either here or via the support email that was also sent. anyway, hope this helps someone else…

Woohoo - great detective work Ofluva! This fixed my problem immediately.

Thank you very much for taking the time to figure it out. I saw Mailtags in the error message but it just didn’t fire a response in my Pea brain…

Mark

Indeed. I also had a not updated mailtags bundle.
Thanks for sharing the solution!