Manage just with days/weeks without work hours?

Hi, I’m trying to create a project where i can simply add a task with duration of 3 weeks. And then the task actually display 3 weeks in the gantt chart!!?

I noticed that it doesn’t count saturdays and sundays and so when i enter 3 weeks for duration it actually isn’t correct!
Iv tried changing the work hours and the hours in a day in the effort unit conversions.

I simply want to create a task on a wednesday for example, set it for 3 weeks, and then the gantt chart display the task until 3 weeks from now. How do i accomplish this?

Thanks

Well apparently the hours in a week was wrong it is working now.

Anyone else trying to do this:

• Make full days in calendar view, monday - sunday
  • Change the hours in day, week, month (whatever is applicable, I’m working in weeks so i only need to change days and weeks)

I am having the same issue.

I changed the work week hours to 56 but it still does not allow me to use saturday and sunday as workdays for projects on the calendar. We do work in several time zones so for scheduling purposes we need this flexibility. I see that you can use those days as “overtime” but only in the resources view. How can I customize the task view so I can use these days in the timeline?

I simply want to create a task on a wednesday for example, set it for 3 weeks, and then the gantt chart display the task until 3 weeks from now. How do i accomplish this?

aliiii