Marking a Repeating Tasks Doesn't Stay on Selection!

It is very frustrating the new behavior in the latest version of OmniFocus 2 and all version of OmniFocus 3 that when you mark a repeating action as complete it jumps to the new repeat and takes you out of context of what you were marking off for the day as complete.

To make matters worse OmniFocus is completely inconsistent in that if I mark multiple repeating tasks as complete some of them stay highlighted on the completed tasks while others get selected for the new repeating task. This is very dangerous since for me marking a completed task is a record that I did something that day and I regularly mark them as completed so they jump to the next correct day they should repeat on and then delete the completed task. If some of them highlight the new repeat then that, of course, deletes that repeating task without my awareness since it is often off screen when it is highlighted.

1 Like

There has to be a way to stop OmniFocus 3 and the latest version of OmniFocus 2 to stop jumping to the marked complete repeating action it is so extremely frustrating and pulls me from the going through all my repeating actions and marking them as complete because i have to constantly scroll back up to where I was. Please make an option to turn this new behavior off in the latest version of OmniFocus 2 and every version of OmniFocus 3.

Any updates on this? Perhaps I have not found others threads about this very problem.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.