Multi Level Filtering

Hi everyone, in GTD in other systems I would traditionally filter by context, time, and energy. In omnifocus you can set persepctives but cannot dynamically pick from the 3. So lets say I am at my computer with low energy and 30 minutes. But I get motivated and want to pick it up to high energy.

How can I do this filtering without a ton of perspectives?

The OF UI isn’t designed for on-the-fly filtering on multiple criteria. You can approximate it by creating a perspective dedicated to it, which you know you will be changing all the time. In OF3 for both macOS and iOS, the criteria of a perspective can be accessed in one click. Either create an ‘All’ group containing 3 tag rules (but you will need to type or navigate to the right tag for each), or, if you don’t have too many tags across all 3 dimensions, create separate rules for each of them which you will then toggle on and off.

1 Like

Yea this is what I have learned. I love everything about OF so much better than Nirvana. But this is the one thing Nirvana handles much better

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.