Multiple URLS in the note field

Hi,

I am using OmniFocus on the Mac v2.11.2. If I copy/paste multiple urls into the notes field for a task a lot of times the description of the second url is correct. However, when I click on the link it takes me to the first .

Here is how I can reproduce the issue.

1. Create a new task
  2. In Safari go to Apple.com and copy the url from the URL bar and paste it into the note field and press return twice
  3. In Safari go to Amazon and copy the url from the URL bar and paste it into the note field
  4. Click on the second link (Amazon) and it takes you to the first link (Apple).

If I move the mouse over one the links and right click both links are highlighted. It seems link it doesnā€™t know the first link was ever ended for some reason.

Any ideas? Iā€™ve had this issue for quite a while but its really starting to get to be a pain.

Thanks, Scott.

Hi Scott! Iā€™m sorry about this inconvenience. This is a bug the OmniFocus team is tracking, but unfortunately we donā€™t yet have a fix ready to go.

You can work around this problem by typing any non-newline character between the two links. For example, instead of pressing Return twice, you might press Return, then Space, then Return again.

Thanks for using OmniFocus, and for mentioning this kind of issue. Feedback like this helps us improve the app. If thereā€™s anything else we can do, donā€™t hesitate to email our support team with other questions or requests!

1 Like

Thanks for the quick update, on a Sunday no less. Your little trick does work. Before finding these forums I sent an email support request. You can disregard that email.

2 Likes

Is this fixed? If I do as suggested, the additional non-newline character is shown in blue (i.e. as a link) and still the whole note block links to the exact same link as before.

What might I be doing wrong?

Thanks, Torsten

My guess is that you insert the character where you already have pressed return after a link. Try to create a new task, paste a link in the empty note field, press space after the link and then return. This works for me. You may have to experiment a bit to find the best way for links with existing returns.

Thanks Jan. Paste without style using ā‡§āŒ„āŒ˜V also did the trick.

To be honest Iā€™m a bit disappointed with the OmniGroup with regards to this bug. This bug has been there for quite awhile and there have been several updated to OmniFocus without this getting fixed. It seems like this is just a low priority or too difficult to solve. Hopefully, it will be fixed in 3.0

Has this been fixed in Omni 3? I donā€™t think so ā€¦

In Omnifocus 2 - some months ago so Iā€™m not crisp on this - I found some oddities with links in the Notes field.

So maybe this whole area - Notes formatting - is ripe for refactoring, or even being considered for it.

I still have the issue in OF3. I am quite disappointed with OmniFocus with regards to this. Itā€™s been a long standing bug and no resolution yet. I was really expecting it to get resolved with OF3.

same here: Why cant those little things not just be corrected /fixed after so many months ?
It bugs everybody that posts links in the notes field !

Iā€™m experiencing this issue too, and its really getting in the way of my being able to use OmniFocus to keep task-related notes in, its a major annoyance.

I have tried the workaround to type ā€œany non-newline character between the two linksā€ but this is not working for me, I still have all the text following the first hyperlink formatted as and behaving as a hyperlink. I have newlines w/ spaces and without spaces between the links and no luck.

I have also tried many times to re-paste my text content via ā€œPaste without styleā€ using ā‡§āŒ„āŒ˜V and still no luck, the text with and without hyperlinks also is styled/behaved as a hyperlink.

This may be a minor bug but its causing me a major obstacle.

Annoying indeed, but as the problem is still there, I have made it a routine to press space and return after each link, and then write something that isnā€™t a link on the next line, before pasting a new link on the line after that. As I often need or like to make a comment to a saved link, this isnā€™t that awkward. While writing the comment I also get confirmation (no underlining) that the old link isnā€™t following me.