Mysterious little badge to the right of a completed project

I just set the view options on the Projects perspective to “All” and noticed a little badge with a number in the sidebar, to the right of the project title of a completed task. What is it? What does it mean?

I couldn’t find anything about this in the help file.

This is the “sidebar badge”. If you go to Preferences > Badges you’ll see an option to turn in on and off.

From the OmniFocus for Mac manual:

This preference adds some visual oomph to let you know what’s going on by equipping the OmniFocus sidebar with badges displaying due soon and overdue items in the Projects, Tags, and Review perspectives.

Thanks. I suppose I just skipped the Badges Preferences at the time or maybe forgot about them. It’s been a while.

In my case, the project is completed, so I don’t see the point in telling me it’s due, which it isn’t anymore. Anyway, I rarely view “All” in a perspective so it won’t bother me much.

You’re welcome, Ellen.

In my case, the project is completed, so I don’t see the point in telling me it’s due, which it isn’t anymore. Anyway, I rarely view “All” in a perspective so it won’t bother me much.

It looks like this may be a bug. In any case, you should be able to clear this badge by removing the due date from the competed project.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.