New feature: a row without number that does not affect numbering

It would be helpful to have the ability to make a row that does not effect the number of other rows on the same level: e.g… say i have a subsection called “Politics in a Post-Truth Age” and in this subsection will have four main parts: (i) the truth of politics; (ii) the politics of truth, etc. … but before I a row that does not effect the number of other rows on the same level … this would be a great improvement … e.g… say i have a subsection called “Politics in a Post-Truth Age” and in this subsection will have four main parts: (i) the truth of politics; (ii) the politics of truth, etc. … but before I start " (i) the truth of politics” I want to add a few notes to outline an introduction without actually calling it “introduction” or giving it a number which I will later have to delete … so it looks like this:

§ 1 Politics in a Post-Truth Age

➛ asdljsdljsd THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE WITHOUT A NEW ROW WHICH WOULD BE LEVEL TWO MAKING IT (I) FORCING “THE TRUTH OF POLITICS” BE (II) ETC.
➛ as;ldfjsadlfk

(i) the truth of politics

a) which would be a main element of section (i)

Could you add the note as a Note to the top-level item? Unless I misunderstood what you’re asking, this would allow you to keep the Note revealed so it always appears right where you want it, but it would not change the numbering of the outline.

thank you for the suggestion… however: I use the notes section for other purposes … mostly to hold draft paragraphs or quotes that are to be used to support a point … I have the notes open then the document becomes unreadable really … in other words: the notes are used to store content whereas the rows deal with structure …

I did try what you suggested and in the end I found it confusing … for my way of working …

but thanks …

Steve