Note icon on iPhone app

OmniFocus for Mac has an icon to tell the user whether the task has a note or not. I think it would be nice if the iPhone app had the same feature. Can it be implemented?

3 Likes

I suggest you to ask / submit this feature request via email, by clicking Help>Contact Omni in Omnifocus for Mac — that’s the only way to have it popping up in Omni’s radar.

p.s.: nice idea ;)

3 Likes

You can also just send it to support@omnigroup.com

1 Like

Thank you!

Using Help > Contact Omni (or sending email to omnifocus@omnigroup.com, which is equivalent) will get the feature request into the correct queue faster.

2 Likes

I’m glad to see more users hoping for - and hopefully asking Omnigroup for - a note icon. To me, such an icon would not only be nice, it would be essential for not losing information in Omnifocus for Iphone. If I only read a task name, I may think that the task is finished and delete it, not aware of a possible note that may change the picture completely. I can’t understand why Omnigroup hasn’t put a note icon in the Iphone app, just like in the Mac app.

3 Likes

Sometimes I fill the notes field with useful information, but when I see the task on OF for iPhone I don’t know if the task has a note or not. It happened yesterday, I put the phone number of a person on the notes field of a task created long ago “Call Carlos”, but since I created this task a long time ago I didn’t remember his phone number was on the notes field. I searched for his number on my Contacts list (unfortunately wasn’t there), then on my notebook, it was there, but then I remembered to check the notes field and it was there also. If I knew right from the start that the task had a note I would check and find the number on the task. In other words, it would save some time.

@Jan_H, @thompsonh: Contact Omni (send email) guys. That will just reinforce the need ;)

2 Likes

Really like to see an icon in iOS, when an note has been filled with information.

Please make this addition to an further release of iOS it would be very helpful efficient for tracking your actions and history snippets.

Cheers

Dimitry

@BeFocus, please join us in sending your wish by e-mail to The Omni Group, so that they will have another vote for the feature. Some day maybe…

1 Like