OmniPlan for Mac and OmniPlan for iOS both reached version number 3.8 this month! OmniPlan 3.8 for Mac includes support for importing and exporting elapsed time values to and from Microsoft Project, as well as an assortment of bug fixes. OmniPlan 3.8 for iOS brings iPhone X support to OmniPlan, and introduces scrolling improvements.
##Recent Changes: OmniPlan for Mac 3.8
OmniPlan 3.8 for Mac introduces support for importing and exporting elapsed time values to and from Microsoft Project. This release also fixes numerous bugs and crashes.
OmniPlan 3.8 for Mac requires macOS 10.12.
- Microsoft Project — OmniPlan now supports importing and exporting Microsoft Project elapsed time values.
- Intro Video — OmniPlan now presents an introductory video the first time the application is launched.
- Newsletter — Added a link to sign up for the Omni Newsletter to the OmniPlan Help menu.
- Project Leveling — Leveling is now reset when project dates are switched from specific to undetermined.
- Calendar View — Header text is no longer too crowded in the Calendar View.
- Dashboards — Addressed a bug that caused resources to appear to be idle when they were not.
- Export — Exporting an OmniGraffle file now creates a file with the appropriate canvas settings enabled.
- Gantt View — Scrolling in the Gantt View with the Scheduling Influences popover visible no longer squishes explanation text.
- Gantt View — Selecting “Hide Gantt” when the Inspector is visible now hides the Gantt chart completely.
- Groups Tasks — Fixed a bug that could cause group tasks durations to temporarily stop recalculating.
- Localizations — TouchBar labels are now fully localized.
- Publish/Subscribe — Lead/lag time changes now properly update when a project is synced via a server repository.
- Microsoft Project — Fixed various bugs related to OmniPlan’s Microsoft Project import/export support.
- Network View — Network diagram now lays out properly when task nodes contain additional non-default variables.
- Styles View — It is no longer possible to undo the completion of the default complete task.
- Task Outline — Adjustments to the Title column width are now properly saved.
- Task Outline — Empty white space now draws to the right when columns in the task outline are adjusted to be smaller than the width of the outline sidebar.
- Violations — Undoing after leveling no longer creates bogus violations when tasks are assigned to a group which contains a resource that has less than 100% units.
- Stability — Fixed a crash that could occur when hiding the project Gantt.
- Stability — Adding a new task in the Network diagram no longer triggers a crash when there is a dependency loop in the project schedule.
- Stability — Fixed a crash that could occur in the Styles View if undo is used while editing a template task’s name.
- Stability — Fixed a crash that could occur when leveling some projects.
- Stability — Addressed a bug that could cause the TouchBar to get into a state that would trigger a crash.
- Stability — Deleting the duration value in the leveling dialogue no longer triggers a crash.
- Stability — Fixed a crash that could occur when reopening a file saved in the Styles View.
##Recent Changes: OmniPlan 3.8 for iOS
OmniPlan 3.8 for iOS introduces iPhone X support. This release also includes improved pinch-to-zoom and pinch-to-scale functionality, as well as several other bug fixes.
- Layouts — OmniPlan has been updated for the newest iPhone hardware.
- Newsletter — Added a link to sign up for the Omni Newsletter to the options in the Settings Gear popover.
- Icons — Updated icon style in the Folder popover to match the new icon style debuted in OmniPlan 3.7.
- Settings Gear Popover — Item text is now black instead of light orange.
- Calendar — Month headers now update properly when swiping through workweeks in the project calendar.
- Document Browser — Long date strings no longer cause filenames to overlap document thumbnail edges.
- Elapsed Duration — It is once again possible to enter an elapsed time value for a task’s duration.
- Gantt — Initially touched points now always remain visible while using a pinch gesture.
- Gantt — Fixed a bug that could cause the pinch-to-scale action in the project Gantt to scale the Gantt header to random dates.
- Gantt — OmniPlan no longer allows you to scroll far into the future when using pinch-to-zoom in the project Gantt.
- Project Inspector — Changes made to the Project Title in the Project Inspector now save properly.
- Task Inspector — All applicable fields are now visible in the Task Schedule Inspector when a group task is selected.
- Stability — Fixed a crash that could occur when swiping through weeks in the project calendar.