OF2 hangs periodically (with beachball of death)

Is anyone else experiencing occasional hangs? I can’t seem to find a pattern, sometimes it is after I wake up my Macbook Air, sometimes its when I try to do a clipping from Mail, latest was when I tried to switch perspectives. My computer is not under any particular load when it happens. The only way out is a force quit and restart of the app.

We think we’ve tracked this down and fixed it in the latest test builds of OmniFocus 2.0.2. Version 2.0.2 will ship soon; it’s currently in its final phase of testing.

2 Likes

thanks, downloaded latest build and trying it now…nice new icon too

kcase: I’m hoping you’ll expand on this and verify it fixes clipotron hangs when clipping from Mac Mail (see Clip-o-tron 3001 sometimes hangs). Fingers crossed…

Hi,

I still have problems with excessive beachballing. OmniFocus regularily gives mit the beachball, sometimes even in short intervals when entering or modifying tasks. Version 2.0.2 did not fix the problem for me.

Here is the version I use:
Product: OmniFocus-2.0.x
Tag: OmniFocus/2.0.3/GM-v87.15
Date: 2014-10-07 18:04:16 -0700
Builder: omnibuild
Host: tb109b.private.omnigroup.com
Revision: 219260

I don’t know but I wished I could use Apple Mail but decline to do so because of this:

Apple Mail is in serious need of a complete redesign from the ground up.

1 Like

I am now have the same problems again too, with OmniFocus become unresponsive after a while and requiring a force quit. It started after upgrading to a brand new Macbook Pro Retina 15" running Yosemite. I’m running the latest stable OmniFocus build.

Product: OmniFocus-2.0.x
Tag: OmniFocus/2.0.3/GM-v87.15
Date: 2014-10-07 18:04:16 -0700
Builder: omnibuild
Host: tb109b.private.omnigroup.com
Revision: 219260

Sorry, I’m not sure what’s going wrong. The next time this happens, could you please capture a sample? Here’s some instructions on how to do that: http://support.omnigroup.com/sample-osx

Emailing that to our Support Humans (omnifocus@omnigroup.com) should really help us see what’s going wrong.

OK, thanks. I haven’t seen it again since posting, but if I do, I’ll capture a sample and send to support. Now running the latest beta.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)