OmniFocus 2 and the Expanded Screen Real Estate of the iPad Pro

How will OmniFocus scale to take advantage the additional screen real estate of the iPad Pro, particularly when it is the sole app in the foreground? As it is implemented now, the dual panel UI model that works well on the iPad Air family would seem to be wasteful of screen space when scaled to the iPad Pro. Could the iOS app, perhaps, start taking on characteristics of the Mac OmniFocus on the iPad Pro, e.g. a tri-panel model where the inspector is the third panel?

At least for me, the iPad Pro is more than just about multitasking (I did see the 2.9 update which “adjusted some multitasking layouts for iPad Pro.” I’m curious to see that that visually means.) It is also about the increased screen real estate. I’m hoping to see more data displayed so that I can get more done with less tapping.

The possibilities with OmniGraffle and OmniPlan are more obvious to me, but not with OmniFocus. So, sample screen shots would be helpful.

Yes. I am curious to see what they will do. I would love a version that closely resembles the Mac version.

After using of2 for a few days, the one thing I would like to see full screen on the iPad is a third section on the right of the screen to show the actions information, similar to how it is presented on the Mac. This would stream line my usage considerably!

I am really enjoying the ability to quickly swap between a third and half shared screen with of2. It has become incredibly valuable to me already.

Bit late to the party… just got an iPad Pro. Love it! I use both OmniFocus and OmniOutliner extensively and am really looking forward to seeing what Omni can cook up to take advantage of the increased screen space. Especially after reading this from Ken in the Omni blog! 😀

“Finally, we’re working hard on making iPad Pro the best platform it can be. When Tim Cook introduced iPad Pro in September, he said: “iPad is the clearest expression of our vision of the future of personal computing: a simple, multi-touch piece of glass that instantly transforms into virtually anything that you want it to be.” I still find that vision as compelling as when we decided to go “iPad or Bust!” when iPad was introduced in 2010, and if we truly want to achieve that vision we still have a lot of work to do to bring more of the power of the desktop to that transforming piece of glass. I can’t wait to share the fruits of that labor with you once it’s ready!”

I totally agree with the comments above - OmniFocus on the iPad Pro would really benefit from being closer in layout to the Mac version. Also - the ability to hold down the shift key on the Mac to select multiple tasks and then make the same changes to all those tasks at the same time is fantastic - this would be a god-send on the iPad Pro if it could be implemented well in the touch interface.

I can’t wait to see that they do with the iPad Pro. I would love to see an app that closely mirrors the Mac App. I know I give up Applescripts, but that would be the final app that I could honestly leave my laptop at home. I setup projects via templates constantly.