OmniFocus 2 for iPad: Keyboard Shortcuts? [A: Now available in 2.9!]

Thank you for naming a specific activity that you want to have a keyboard shortcut.

Having a keyboard shortcut for Save + would be nice, too, or some way to rapidly add tasks for a brain dump.

Also, the ability to indent (and outdent) would be good. There is now a feature in iOS 9 if you hold CMD down, it shows the keyboard shortcuts that have been developed. Mirroring the point made above, I would like to see the Mac shortcut brought across to the iPad.

Lizard, any updates whether these are being thought about?

One thought for you AbramKJ - if this feature is not implemented, you may want to consider using Drafts for iOS to do a ā€œbrain dumpā€ as youā€™ve described, then use Drafts Actions to ā€œSend list to Omnifocusā€

That action will automatically parse each line into an individual task in OF.

Hope that helps.

Thanks! A good tipā€“I actually use that quite a bit.

I would like to add my support for keyboard support, especially a shortcut for capturing new tasks!

It seems like a no-brainer, especially given the imminent arrival of the iPad Pro.

Weā€™ve added basic keyboard shortcut support to OmniFocus 2.9 for iOS, which we hope to release soon.

1 Like

To solve your problem you can visit here http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/06/12/ios-9-hardware-keyboard-shortcuts-bring-apples-ipad-world-closer-to-the-mac

Hi Dave, are you going to add more shortcuts? For example, an universal search shortcut to navigate between projects or shortcuts for going to the project and context option when creating a task. Best, Kristoffer

OmniFocus for iOS has serious keyboard support and shortcuts. Just hold the Command, Option, or Control keys down to bring up a list.

All keyboard shortcuts should just work. In other words, moving between devices should be seamless.

I am also very interested in this.

Am I correct in thinking that the shortcut ā€˜command + Hā€™ to return to the Omnifocus for iPad home is the same as ā€˜command + Hā€™ which is the system wide shortcut to return to the home screenā€¦?

Please tell me Iā€™m being dumbā€¦ (Well actually donā€™t - just tell what Iā€™m doing wrong!)ā€¦

David

1 Like