OmniFocus 4: Lay-out difference between Mac and iPad

There’s a difference in the way the icon indicating notes for an action/project is positioned between MacOS and iOS: on iOS the icon is directly after the action/project name (which I prefer). On MacOS the icon is at the end of the row, which makes it harder to see which action/project has notes.

Is there a way to make the lay-out on the Mac the same as on iOS? Am I overlooking something?

See the screenshots below:

1 Like

I recommend experimenting with Layout Settings. For example, if you’re using a column layout, you can drag the note field so that it’s right beside the title.

1 Like

Thanks. Yes, I was using column layout in OF3, but I like the fluid layout more in OF4.

This is no biggie of course, but I’d like the layouts of the Mac and iPad to be the same :)

1 Like

If you haven’t already, I recommend sharing this feedback with Omni by choosing Contact Omni from the Help menu (Mac) or Settings (iPhone & iPad).

I use a combination of Column and Fluid layouts. For example, I prefer the Fluid layout for the Inbox and the Column layout for my Today perspective.