This Rosetta thing is a bit obscure for me, and I have an intel MacBook Pro 2015 that will last at least another 3 years.
my understanding is that:
- we will have a rosetta layer and that will apply to Intel Macs.
- OF3 is now built for Big Sur -> so on intel Macs it will use Rosetta.
So I have the following questions:
- will future upgrades of OF3 apply to Big Sur only?
- is there a performance difference running a reasonably large OF3 db on rosetta?
- what about AppleScript and JS automations, did someone see a change in performance?