OmniFocus for Apple Watch not available

I was able to find a solution here. I have found through testing that Omnifocus needs to have your Watch actively paired at the time you install the iPhone app in order for it to properly install the Watch app. I noticed in the anonymous data being sent back to Omnigroup (see you settings in the iPhone app) the paired Watch count was zero – this was the clue I needed.

Now, you can’t simply delete and reinstall the app. You need to delete the app, restart your phone, make sure your Watch is paired to your iPhone, then reinstall the app. You should now have access to the Watch app and see your paired Watch count in the anonymous data go to 1.

Another hiccup I noticed was in the launching of the app on the Watch. When you first launch the app, it will show a welcome screen that asks you to open your iPhone app. You can do that, but nothing changes on the Watch – still the welcome screen. What you need to do is add then complete a task in your Inbox. The Watch app should function after that.

1 Like