OmniFocus for the Web

I’m excited for OF for Web as well. I mostly have Apple devices, but I’m looking forward to hopefully seeing my forecast and being able to inbox items from my PC. I hope it’s kept simple, overall.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat: Plenty of clients but valuing Web Automation.

1 Like

I’d love to see an option for exporting tasks and task data to CSV or Excel. (Is this available on OF for Mac?)

I use OmniFocus for iOS to keep track of billable tasks for all of my clients. If would be great if I could export tasks completed during a certain date range (or export all, then filter). I bill a set amount of time for most of the tasks, so it would greatly streamline my billing process, especially if can use Estimated Duration as my billable time. It would also be useful in having a record of what I completed and when, in case there are any issues with a client.

You can export in a variety of formats (including CSV) in the Mac version

Actually, any service that lets me check off tasks and maybe put some in my inbox or create a project or two when I’m stuck in the hostile environment of my (windows) office would actually save my year!

Please, please get this up and running asap! It’s been long enough!

A bit late to the party, but here’s my list of things I would like to see in a web version:

• inbox
  • access to custom perspectives (not manipulating them, only viewing my list through a custom perspective, aka the iPhone/Mac “Today” view)
  • editing tasks within a project.

I don’t need the ability to manipulate contexts, projects, subprojects, etc., as that is all stuff that I would like to do on my Mac anyway. The above functionality would mean that I could use the web version as an alternative to my iPhone when working my to-do list.

Most important IMHO is the ability to SEE all data (for those stuck on Windows machines) AND to make it easy to share Tasks / Action Items with others - either through use of Tags or integration with ITTT / Zapier / Other list platforms.

What is the login URL - I am in the beta program but I lost the URL to login…

Best,
Jay

I applied for OmniFocus for the Web Test on September 6, 2018.
However, the login URL has not been sent.
What is the login URL?

@jaystallard and @don516, I’ve resent copies of your emailed invitations which include the login URL.

If anyone else is interested in signing up to help test OmniFocus for the Web, you can do that here:

2 Likes

Hi @kcase,

Same holds for me. Never got the URL after signing up.

Hmm, our records certainly show an invitation being sent to you! Might have gotten caught in a spam filter or something… but whatever happened, I’ve sent another copy just now.

FYI, we’ve just announced pricing of OmniFocus for the Web:

https://discourse-test.omnigroup.com/t/introducing-optional-omnifocus-subscriptions/43509?u=kcase

The full article goes into more depth about everything, but here’s the bit that talks about pricing:

The OmniFocus subscription will cost $9.99/month, giving you access to the web service as well as OmniFocus Pro on all your Mac and iOS devices. If you’ve already invested in OmniFocus 3 and just want to add the web service, the cost for that will be $4.99/month.

These subscription options will be available when OmniFocus for the Web ships next month.

2 Likes

Obviously I’m perfectly okay with adding an additional pricing option which doesn’t remove the current model.
But, pleeeease keep the old way also. I can justify spending even a large chunk of money when a new version comes out, but there’s no way I’d be able to justify $10 a month in perpetuity, especially not when everything I need to do and track would be held hostage.

As the blog post says, the current model of “buy the version” will stick around too - web requires a subscription, but that’s not a surprise :)

1 Like

As @nicoledb said, read access to custom perspectives would be great to have. If that’s not practical (in the short term), at least FORECAST view is essential to have.

Extra vote from me for Forecast view please.

Yes the only perspective I would like to see is the Forecast so I can tell what is actually due today.

Small question; why is that not a surprise?
The entire OF suite is the same price (in the subscription model) as the web version.

I would think having a software version would be more important to a software house,?
You now basically pay the same for a web frontend to your sync db as for your entire OF suite of apps.

To me that is a definite surprise!

Agreed! The Forecast perspective, at a minimum, is a must!