Omnifocus>Trello (iOS compatible)

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone can help me? I’m looking for a way to quickly move omnifocus tasks and projects to Trello (that is compatible with iOS). I think Workflow might be a good way to do this. However, when I use the Trello share extension in Omnifocus (iOS) the links in the resulting attachment do not open the app. Instead they open with an error in Safari.

Can anyone advise on how I could:

1. Choose the share option in Omnifocus
  2. Run a workflow which takes the name of the task and makes it the name of the Trello card. It would also place a link back to the Omnifocus task in the description or the attachments field.

I have experimented with my own Workflow. Although I can get it over to Trello, I have to type in the name of the task again (adds friction and extra time to the process)

Any help is much appreciated.

Hi Ryan,

try this workflow: https://workflow.is/workflows/787157da0a7e4354b66f5f3fa53c2dcf
It will use OmniFocus’ task name as new card on Trello and put the link on the attachments.

Hope it helps!
Thanks!

Sorry for the delay,

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this! It works perfectly and I now have a really nice GTD “hot list” in Trello for each day with the columns “Backlog (6)”, “Up next (3)”, “Doing (1)” and “Done”. The numbers in brackets are the Work In Progress limits for each column. When I need more I flag tasks in Omnifocus that I can then bring over to Trello if I get through everything else. Most productive I’ve been in a while.

It’s good to know there so many helpful people in the Omnigroup community. I really appreciate your help with this.

Regards,
Ryan

Yes, thank you so much! I was about to start an applescript that I could trigger from within OF that would integrate with Trello’s API. Needless to say that despite this being iOS only and not available on my macbook, this is great!

Hi. I tried this workflow, but I couldn’t figure out how it works. All it does is create an empty entry in my Trello. Can you help clarify? Thank you.

I figured it out. Share just in case someone runs into the same problem. Need to click into an action and click “Share”. Click the bottom activities row ("Add to Reading List, Copy, More…) and click more to add “Run workflow”. Click “Run workflow” and run it.