OmniFocus Web Access

Are you still interested in this?

OF support has confirmed that it’s NOT on the roadmap, but I have a team interested in doing this for real for real, finally.

We need 20 people to raise their hand and say they would use it, before we move ahead with the next phase of dev planning.

i’m in the same boat. OF support has confirmed that a web app is not on the roadmap.

After 3 years of frustration I’m thinking of building it myself (with a small team).

Would you be interested in this?

Hi. I may well be interested in a web interface to replace the limited functionality of spootnik.

I think it’s a great idea, but to be honest, my need for it has changed since I’m on a Mac at work now.

Definitely interested! Keep us updated on your plans… :)

amazing awesomesauce.

it’s great to hear at least superficial validation that others are having a similar problem/need :)

would you be willing to chat with me for about 7 minutes to explain your OF workflow?

I sure will!

It would really help me to understand folks’ OF workflow - would you be willing to chat with me for about 7 minutes to explain yours?

cheers,

m

hmmmm… could you see yourself using a web version if one existed, though?

Sure, let me know how/where. Happy to provide input.

@bellaccione, any progress? I’d also be very keen.

yes! I would love to chat with you to understand your context and your perspective, and explain more about the plan and architecture (team, actual solution).

Would you have 35 minutes for a short call or Skype session?

If so, please email me at belmarc (at) gmail so we can schedule a call!

Chris - would you have 35 minutes for a short call or Skype session?

If so, please email me at belmarc (at) gmail so we can schedule a call!

Hi. Only saw your response just then. Absolutely! Although I’m not sure what sort of wisdom I could impart, hehe. Email sent!

+1 for a web interface!

My use case is to display perspectives. I’m currently duplicating information between Trello and Omnifocus so external clients can see project status.

+1 for web interface.

I’m sure a lot of people are interested in this. If I could have web access, I would come back to omnifocus from Todoist.

Omnigroup make great products that are well thought out, but the company needs to understand that people need to access their information on all platforms at all times. Todoist will only keep growing so long as Omni continues to ignore their users on this and several other key issues.

If there is a way I can follow your progress or contribute, let me know!

Was there something in OmniFocus that you wished was in Todoist? I haven’t really looked deeply into Todoist but I am intrigued.

I’m curious.

Yes. The most important to me is being able to hide tasks I cannot yet commence. Parallel vs sequential tasks accomplish this, as well as the defer date and time.

There are other things, but these are the most important.

I presume you use omnifocus?

Yes, I am using OmniFocus. I try dabbling in other task managers to see what I might be missing. The last app I played with was 2Do. It was merely flirtatious as i wanted to poke and prod at 2Do. I stayed with OmniFocus. There was nothing that made me want to switch.

What I probably would like to see is:

1. Sell OmniFocus as a single-user based project/task manager
  2. Offer a web-based subscription for those who need web access
  3. Offer a web subscription or in-app purchase for team-collaboration.

Team collaboration would need a server for many users to connect to a group account. Perhaps offer a web subscription add-on to the current omni sync server for team collaboration. This would satisfy people who want/need team collaboration.

In the meantime, I am just using an iPad Air 2 with cellular to access OmniFocus. This was a worthwhile investment.

@mwooten777: In your original post, you said you were barely hanging on using your iPad and iPhone. You can’t use the OmniFocus Mail Drop e-mail to send tasks to OmniFocus and sync to your iPhone/iPad? Or you can’t put your e-mail account on your iPhone/iPad?

Would love a web version so I can access my projects when using my Linux desktop. It’s not a really great experience to look back and forth between my desktop and my iPhone.

Just discovered MyLifeOrganized. The iPhone/iPad app lacks the visual polish of OmniFocus but it certainly has the features - in fact it’s remarkably similar in it’s approach to GTD, but allows multiple contexts per action.

What makes it interesting though is that while it doesn’t have a Web or Mac client, it does have cloud sync and a Windows client.

Since my issue is that my employer has somewhat Victorian IT policies preventing me from using my MacBook or iPad on their network - this could be a solution (if their Windows app is useable) - I may try their trial out on Monday.

I’ll still be using OF for personal stuff, it’s just too comfy :-)