OmniFocus Web Access

Fair enough, and you’re absolutely right that it is intended for Mac and iOS. It worked well for me when I was accessing it from iOS most of the time, but it was always frustrating trying to use it at work, where I don’t have a choice but to use a PC.

Mods, I apologize if this is not allowed. Of course delete if necessary.

I’ve been using webfocus.io for a couple months and it’s fantastic. I feel like it’s maybe 70% of what I’d want in OF Web. I wish OF would do this, or buy it, or similar.

1 Like

Ken just posted the roadmap for 2018… Omni is building a web version to be released this year: https://www.omnigroup.com/blog/omni-roadmap-2018#omnifocus3web

3 Likes

Yes! It will be very basic because it is version 1.0 but it will work.
Interesting to read the solution for sharing OmniFocus tasks. Looking forward to all the new goodies!

Probably worth mentioning that Omni are allowing people to sign up for the trial of their web interface, with availability “soon”.

1 Like

I’ve signed up, but no news yet. Really hope we get something soon… Even something pretty basic.

Wow, this topic has had 36k views. Seriously Omni - throw some resources at this! For a great example of an iOS app that works seamlessly on the web, take a look at PocketBook. Great app, with really nice complimentary web functionality. Or SplashID - also seamless web app for ‘office’ use. This is hardly ground breaking stuff, but it will transform the usability of OmniFocus.

They announced that it would be coming in January this year, and last week said invitations would be going out this week. You can’t just snap your fingers and have a web app - they’re moving pretty fast as it is.

Dammit - there goes plan A.

3 Likes

If I had the gauntlet of Thanos, resplendent with Infinity Stones, I could get a lot done with a snap of the fingers…

Sorry my frustration is showing - I’ve been a loyal customer of OmniGroup since 2012 (maybe 2013) but I’ve never been able to make full use of OmniFocus due to stupid work laptop being locked down, and Windows. (I also have ALL the iPad apps, and OmniGraffle on my Mac.) I was very excited when I heard this was finally coming 7 months ago… and having run teams that build web apps, I know what can be done in that time. I know we’re probably close, so I’ll go back to lurking.

Cheers.

1 Like

Thanos immediately came to my mind too! 😂

I actually applaud OG’s openness re: product plans. An alternative would be less advance info, which would make new development cycles appear shorter. But OG seems to value our input, and we seem to enjoy giving it, so it’s a win-win, as long as we don’t let our anticipation turn into such impatience that we spoil this open, interactive relationship. I’m chomping at the bit as hard as anyone for OF3 for Mac, but I think OG is handling the rollout prudently. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to check my email again in the hope that I have an invite to the OF3 for Mac beta programs - it’s been over 10 minutes since I last checked! 🤪

3 Likes

In my case with a Windows laptop now (workplace got rid of Macs), the web portal is critical to allowing me to continue use of OmniFocus. So far I’m doing everything from the iPhone app, but its a lot of extra typing. Hoping I get added soon, I signed up to test a while back.

I still have my work Mac but not for much longer. I will be selecting my new Windows machine next week and should have it within a month. So the web version will be mandatory for me if I am to continue with OF.

We sent out 200 test invitations last week and will be sending more this week—but in the meantime, here’s a screenshot of our work-in-progress:

If you’re interested in helping us test, here’s how to sign up:

4 Likes

That looks awesome! Thanks Ken.