OmniOutliner 2.1 for iPad adds TextExpander support, localizations, better paste options, and numerous bug fixes.
- TextExpander support – For all your text expanding needs! If you have TextExpander installed on your device, open Settings from the gear menu in the document browser to update your snippets.
- Localizations – OmniOutliner 2 is now localized for German, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Russian, and Simplified Chinese. The interface has also been localized for Japanese, but with the Japanese version of OmniOutliner Help to be added in a later update. The localized Help has not yet been updated for all changes in this release.
- Paste Plain – A second paste option has been added to the contextual menu called, Paste Plain. This is the same as Paste and Match Style on OS X and will remove any styles contained in the text being pasted.
- Inspectors – A Clear Styles button has been added to the bottom of the style inspector. This removes any named styles or ad-hoc styles applied specifically to the row or the text within it. The Clear Custom Style button still remains in the Customize Style pane, and only clears the ad-hoc styles of the current selection.
- Settings – A switch has been added in Settings to display the keyboard shortcuts for named styles in the inspector.
- Settings – Help The Omni Group decide what hardware and iOS versions to support by sending us information about your device. This is totally anonymous and optional, but we appreciate it. You can turn it on in Settings, and see a list of exactly what information will be sent.
- Keyboard shortcuts – The keyboard shortcut for Group is now Command-Option-G, and Ungroup is Command-Option-U. This brings consistency with some other Omni and Apple apps.
- Toolbar – Slightly increased the delay before showing the flyout menus on the note and new row buttons.
- Settings – The setting Paste from other apps preserves styles has been changed to Command-V pastes as plain text. This switch now only affects the behavior of the keyboard shortcut for pasting, and not the Paste command in the contextual menu.
- Stability – Fixed a crash that could happen when switching between a pop-up column and a number column with summaries on.
- Templates – Removed the gutter colors from the Class Notes template as those are not visible in the iPad app.
- Keyboard shortcuts – Control-9 and Control-0 will now toggle the 9th and 10th named style respectively.
- Exports – Fixed a crash with the HTML exporter when a named style inherited another named style of the same name.
We love hearing from you! You can reach us by tapping Contact Omni in the gear menu (found in the document browser), sending email to email@example.com, tweeting to @OmniOutliner, or calling 1-800-315-OMNI or +1 206-523-4152.