Omnioutliner iphone app update?

I thought I’d ask this again in light of iOS8 coming out and the new iPhones. Will we be seeing an OmniOutliner iPhone app coming out anytime soon? Or is Omni going to push OmniOutliner for iPhone aside again in favor of other projects? Just a reminder that we have been waiting an almost laughably (if it weren’t so sad) absurd 7 years!!! now (8 iPhone operating systems and 8 iPhone iterations) to view our notes our mobile phones. I know you guys are perfectionists, but holy crap, Apple has moved on to a whole new platform (iWatch) while you guys haven’t even announced work starting on an OO iPhone app or alleviated your users with a stopgap measure like read only support. So can we expect anything this year? Next year? Any year?

2 Likes

At the very least, an OmniOutline Reader for iOS would be extremely helpful.

1 Like

I second that question. I would be very helpful to know if OO will run on the new phones. What about using the iPone 6 plus “ipad mode”?

2 Likes

+1 a 6+ should be adequate.

1 Like

Another +1 for this request. I’m really tempted to ditch my iPad mini and only carry a plus.

2 Likes

I never doubted and always respected, that developing OmniOutliner for iPhone is a challenge. On the old forums some (or many) of us agreed, that a rather basic version would be fine as the iPhone is probably not the device suited for making complex outlines. At least this has been true for me with the old smaller screen iPhones.

But I never understood, that the OmniGroup has never released a reader, so that we could at least view our files, when on the road with the one device ‘everyone’ has always with him. I got so tired of having to export every edit and file to another format that I abandoned OmniOutliner for most of the things I would love to use it for. Really sad about it, but still hoping for a wonder to happen.

1 Like

Great, three more version TWO releases/updates announced today before a version ONE of OO iPhone support for OO customers. >:@

7 years and we can’t even get an update about this…

Really disappointing not to see a version nor even a reaction from OG.
it is quite hard to stay as a customer. for me it would be ok to pay for a separate version, it is quite expensive to develop. but a premium product seller should understand their user’s needs.

Another +1 for this request. I would really like to see a version of OmniOutliner for the iPhone. I’ve been using OO since the first version, but I would love to take my OO docs with me an make edits on my iPhone. I have no desire to get an iPad. The combination of OO for Mac and OO for iPhone would sure beat any other software combination on the market. I saw in a post that OG is working to take all their iPad apps to the iPhone. My vote is to start with OO!

OMG! Folks, fasten your seat belts and have a look at this: Ken tweets a screenshot from OmniOutliner for iPhone

It’s coming!

1 Like

This post is probably not going to last that long…
Having just got an iphone plus I investigated getting Omnioutliner for ipad installed via the jailbreak method. Finally got it to work with some caveats. I can read, create, and edit documents with automatic syncing but can’t edit the styles. Basically the ipad style of doing pop-ups crashes it but its still usable and useful. To get it to sync I had to email the sync settings from the ipad as I can’t get into the tools page on the phone. I installed the itunes .ipa using IPA installer/iFile and also needed ForceGoodFit to get it to display at a sensible resolution.

It will keep me going until they release a version I can buy. .

Just in case anybody hasn’t seen this:

OmniOutliner for iOS now available on iPhone and iPad

1 Like