OmniPlan v2.1 is now a universal app which runs on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices! With the Pro upgrade, OmniPlan can now import Microsoft Project (.mpp) documents created by Microsoft Project 2013 (in addition to 2003, 2007, and 2010)–and for the first time on iOS, OmniPlan Pro can export documents to Microsoft Project 2013.
- Updated Layout — The layout of the interface has been adapted to work on smaller iPhone and iPod touch screens as well as larger iPad screens. As a result, many of the tools may no longer be where they used to be–and may even shift automatically to different locations depending on your screen size and orientation. We hope we’ve done this in a way that makes the app even easier to use efficiently, but if you have any comments about any of the changes please don’t hesitate to email us!
- MS Project 2013 Compatibility — The In-App Purchase feature for MS Project Support (OmniPlan Pro) has been updated with import and export support for MS Project 2013 (.mpp) files.
- Touch Gesture Granularity — Dragging a task bar’s duration will now move in more sane and manageable increments, based on the gantt chart’s current time scale.
- Gantt Chart Performance — Horizontal pinch-to-scale is much smoother now.
- Interface Improvements — The activity indicator during exports is easier to see.
- Interface Improvements — Start Constraint troughs are more visible.
- Interface Improvements — We now badge the View icon in the toolbar when there are new Change Tracking updates.
- Notes — Notes are now saved when they’re created in the full-screen notes window.
- Resource Assignments — Resource assignments are correctly removed when a resource is deleted from the project.
- Stability — Fixed an instance where changing the project granularity would crash the app.
- Stability — No longer crashing when completing past due tasks.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email email@example.com, call 1-800-315-6664 or 1-206-523-4152, or tweet @omniplan.