OmniPlan 3.6 for Mac is now available on our site and in the Mac App Store. More information about this release can be found on our blog and in the OmniPlan release notes:
Version 3.6 - Wednesday, December 7, 2016
OmniPlan 3.6 adds support for Apple’s new Touch Bar, bringing the tools you use most frequently within finger reach. This version also introduces free downloads in the Mac App Store, and includes updated Help documentation and an assortment of bug fixes. This release requires OS X 10.11 or later.
- Touch Bar — OmniPlan now supports Apple’s new Touch Bar, bringing useful tools and controls, like quick resource assignment and timeline navigation via the project overview, to your fingertips.
- Mac App Store — OmniPlan is now a free download in the Mac App Store. This change allows us to offer a 14-day trial and unlicensed read-only mode to new customers who download OmniPlan from the Mac App Store. This change does not affect existing OmniPlan customers.
- Help — OmniPlan’s Help is more helpful than ever! This update includes a new chapter detailing every menu command available in OmniPlan, information about OmniPlan’s new Touch Bar functionality, and enhanced explanations throughout the manual.
- Cell Highlight — The cell currently being edited in the outline is now indicated by a highlight on the left edge.
- Preferences — New Preference icons!
- Copy As Link — Addressed a bug that could cause “Copy As Link” to fail to generate a URL.
- Custom Data — OmniPlan no longer displays duplicated custom data values.
- Dashboard — Dashboard windows no longer attempt to support macOS Sierra tabs.
- Default Tasks — It is no longer possible to set a split task as the default task type.
- Filtering — Replacing a saved filter now behaves correctly.
- Localization — Fixed missing localizations in the Template Preferences and Microsoft Project import message.
- Menu Items — Removed defunct “Configure Prototypes” menu item from the Project menu.
- Resource Assignment — After selecting a resource from the Assignments drop down menu in the Inspector it is no longer necessary to hit the return key to assign the resource.
- Resource View — Addressed a bug that could cause task titles to disappear on selection in the Resource View timeline.
- Subscribed Calendars ‐ OmniPlan calendar subscriptions now correctly handle recurring events without both a start and end date. If you were previously experiencing trouble with this type of calendar subscription, removing and reconfiguring the subscription is required to resolve the issue.
- Task View — Task selection in the outline now always matches the task selection in the Gantt Chart.
- Task View — Hiding the Inspector no longer results in white space in the Gantt header.
- Trial Mode — Trial expiration information is now displayed in all OmniPlan windows when running the application in Trial Mode.
- Stability — Fixed a crash that could occur when Force Clicking.
- Stability — Addressed a scheduling recursion that could cause a crash when changing a project’s schedule to backward from a fixed end date.
- Stability — Fixed a crash that could occur when closing a Dashboard window.
- Stability — Addressed a bug that could cause a crash when deleting a saved filter.