OmniPlan 3.9 for Mac was released on our site and the Mac App Store yesterday afternoon. This release includes a couple of OmniPlan’s popular feature requests as well as an assortment of great bug fixes!
OmniPlan 3.9 for Mac introduces the Project Summary Inspector, which provides quick access to values like your project’s total duration or cost. This release also includes enhancements to OmniPlan Pro’s Dashboard feature, like the ability to customize the visible timescale, as well as a wide range of bug and crash fixes.
- Project Summary Inspector — The new Project Summary Inspector displays total project duration, effort, variance, completion %, and cost.
- Dashboard — It is now possible to change the visible timescale for a Dashboard via the View options in the toolbar. Select a preset date range, or specify a custom range.
- Dashboard — The Dashboard Project column is now resizable, allowing for longer project titles to be displayed. Hovering your cursor over a truncated project title also now reveals a tooltip with the full title.
- Dashboard — Total project effort is now included in Project Stats.
- Dashboard — The appearance of the Actual/Baseline schedule pop-up button in the Dashboard has been updated.
- Help — OmniPlan’s Help content has been updated with explanations of the new functionality included in this release. A couple instances of out of date information and typos in the Help have also been corrected.
- Inspector — Date options in Project Formats Inspector are now displayed in a more logical order.
- Printing — Page Attribute options have been slightly rearranged in the Report printing dialogue.
- Calendar View — All four corners of the Normal Hours/Extra & Off Hours controller in the Calendar View sidebar are now rounded.
- Dashboard — A tooltip with project and task assignment information now reliably appears when hovering your cursor over resource allocation bars in the Dashboard window.
- Dashboard — Resource list now opens full height after checking “Show Resources” in the Dashboard View Options.
- Document Windows — Documents opened in multiple windows now re-open to correct state after they are closed.
- Export — Fixed a bug that could cause missing date headers when exporting a project to PDF or TIFF.
- Gantt — Off Hours schedule exceptions now display when View ▸ Non-Working Time ▸ Holidays is selected in the OmniPlan menu bar.
- Leveling — Fixed a bug that could cause gaps in the project schedule when leveling in some specific scenarios.
- Leveling — Addressed a bug that could cause resource assignments to appear wrong after leveling in some combinations of Resource & Resource Group assignments.
- Localizations — “Sign Up for the Omni Newsletter” and “Intro Video” menu items are now localized.
- Microsoft Project Export — Fixed a bug in OmniPlan’s Microsoft Project export tool that could cause cost information to export incorrectly.
- Microsoft Project Import — Microsoft Project 2016 files no longer import with locked task dates.
- Microsoft Project Import — Fixed a bug that could cause milestone dates to not import correctly from Microsoft Project files.
- Monte Carlo Simulations — Monte Carlo Simulation reports now include best-case and worst-case cost values.
- Network View — Fixed a bug that could cause unnecessary connections to draw in the Network Diagram.
- Resource View — Addressed a bug that could cause icons in the Resource Type column to appear blurry on some displays.
- Task Outline — Making a change in the Inspector no longer discards pending task title edits.
- Stability — Fixed a crash that could occur when setting an end date earlier than a start date while working in Network View.
- Stability — Addressed a crash that could occur when disconnecting an external display or enabling AirPlay to an AppleTV.