Omniplan dashboard can not identify real time conflict , if one man join in more than one project

Hi Dear,

I don’t know if you will see this mail and get an answer. But I encounter some problem when I use omniplan and omnifocus.

1. Omnifocus has a single big problem, the filter rule "has a defer day” is not enough, I think a  "has a furture defer day” rule is more useful to me.

2. Omniplan has more big problems.

When I use omniplan to manage my life projects. I am the single user in all the projects of my company and daily life. When I drag my project into a dashboard, disaster come as scheduled. 

Such as I create two project A and B. The work time is from nine am  to six pm. 

Then I create a task in project A that it is arrange from 9 am to 10am. I create a task in project B that it is arrange from 11 am to 12 am.

I put the same man(myself) to task in project A and task in project B, then back to the dashboard.

WhenI back to  the dashboard. The dashboard the me that, The man(myself) in the task just created in project A and B, has time conflict.(The rectangle at the bottom change from a pure color to a slash rectangle ). But the man(myself) actually has no conflict when work at 9 am to 10am for project A, and work from 11 am to 12 am at project B.

I wonder if there is a better to indentify a real time conflict for a role in multi projects?

Best wished.
Anger Confuser. 2020/05/14/14:28

Are you sure you have the two projects set up with exact or hourly scheduling? If they are set up with daily scheduling the dashboard would see your resource getting used in two projects on the same day, wouldn’t it?

I have the same problem. Dashboard does not show a time conflict in hours. It does show a conflict in “effort” (a combination of Units and Efficiency of a recourse (in this case yourself)) If you have a task of 2 hours, at 100% from 8-10 and another at 100% from 10-12, then in the dashboard you get a conflict, because you’re dedicated for 200%

If you don’t want to see a conflict in the dashboard, you should edit these. If you have many projects and tasks, this is not do-able.
It would be nice to have an option in the dashboard where you can choose to see conflicts of hours, or a conflicts of effort.

You can see the conflict of hours in the resource view (the three little collum icon next to the date) (you have to publish all projects)
This can help you when you are planning for yourself, but it’s not very well suited as a graphical tool in meetings.

I also publish the tasks to a separate calendar to get a better graphical view. Only downside is that you don’t get to see from witch project the tasks is. So you have to name your tasks with a reference to the project.

yes its working thanks dreamtang