OmniPresence wants a new sync folder. Why?

I’ve been using OmniPresence for a few years with no issue.
Just restarted my MacBook.
Now OmniPresence wants me to set up a sync folder. Why?
Following the steps, when I choose to sync the “OmniPresence” folder I’ve been using for years, a message appears, “Folder Already Exists, please select a new location for this synchronized folder.”
Why is this?
All my Omni Outliner files are in the “OmniPresence” folder that already exists.
Any ideas what is going on here?

Thank you.

P.S. running 10.13.6 and all applications are up to date

This can happen if you have turned on iCloud syncing for Desktop and Document folders, and your OmniPresence folder is anywhere inside. This will complicate syncing because both iCloud and OmniPresence will fight over your folders. If iCloud syncing is on, pick a new location on your local drive that isn’t synced by iCloud for your OmniPresence folder & choose “+ Add Synced Folder”. Directly under your home folder should be safe from iCloud magic. Make sure to Disconnect the other folder.

If iCloud Desktop and Document syncing is not on, please contact support@omnigroup.com so that we can troubleshoot with you, as you may have a unique situation that isn’t related to iCloud syncing.

@keith_b OmniPresence supports setting up multiple synced folders (this is helpful if you have a personal and a work sync account, for example). If your original synced folder is still configured and syncing as expected, you can simply cancel out of adding an additional synced folder. If your original synced folder has been disconnected for some reason, our Support team would be happy to troubleshoot with you! As Lanette mentioned, our Support folks can be reached by email or by phone Mon - Fri, 10am - 5pm Pacific at 1 (800) 315-6664 or 1 (206) 523-4152.

If you’re running an older version of OmniPresence, you may have an encountered a scenario like the one Lanette described in her comment, but as of OmniPresence 1.5 it is no longer possibly to set up a folder that can be accidentally double-synced by iCloud.

1 Like

I have the same problem. I just downloaded the latest iteration of OmniPresence (1.6), and I’m running High Sierra (10.13.6) I now have three different OmniPresence folders, which is NOT what I want, and I’m not being given the option to choose any of them, only to set up a new one. This has happened every time I have turned my computer on. It is becoming a tremendous problem for me, as I have urgent work that I need to do, and I can’t find my OO3 documents when I need them. I’vve been syncing OF through your server with no problems at all for years now; is there some reason why that can’t be done with OmniOutliner??

PS: iCloud syncing is on for certain things, but neither the Desktop nor the Document folders are being synced to it. I am using OmniPresence on my iPad and iPhone, and it’s in trying to locate files from the computer on either of those devices that I have problems.

@historydoll Sorry for the trouble! If you haven’t done so already, can you contact our Support team so that they can look into this further with you?

Will do. Thanks.!