Option for copying items as Taskpaper in OF3 for iOS and iPad OS

I’m a new OF user, so please forgive me if I’m missing something painfully obvious here!

This morning, I attempted on both iOS and iPad OS to copy a project and its actions in Taskpaper format by using the “edit” menu to select the project, then “more,” then “copy.” Every time I do this, it copies an Omnifocus URL to my clipboard instead of the project and actions in Taskpaper format. This is the same as what happens when sharing via the iOS share page.

I think I successfully exported in the Taskpaper format when I was first setting up my database, but I don’t know how I did it. I don’t see any setting or discrete options for copying as a link vs. copying as Taskpaper. I would have expected a “copy as Taskpaper” option in either the iOS share menu or the edit -> more menu, but I don’t see either. Did something change, or am I missing something?

It should copy both the task link + the tasks/projects in taskpaper format,

It’s extremely irritating, I know, I’d expect to have both options (link OR taskpaper)

What happens if you share to a texteditor on iOS/iPadOS?

Mine shows this:

• KM mail David: check @parallel(false) @autodone(false)
  • KM mail David: check @parallel(false) @autodone(false)

omnifocus:///task/gGs39cLF6wS
omnifocus:///task/gGs39cLF6wS?name=KM%20mail%20David:%20check

It’s strange and irritating, I know, but it does share out the taskpaper format.

But, there’s hope :-)

The scripts here would do what you need: https://www.omni-automation.com/omnifocus/taskpaper.html

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.