Orthogonal line routing unusable

Hi
I just upgraded to OmniGraffle 7.8.2 (v191.28 r3171117) and find the improved line routing algorithm unusable, because it always inserts midpoints, whereas before it didn’t, e.g. connecting two objects wit exactly one horizontal and one vertical line.
Anybody else experiencing the same issue?

If you could explain what you are trying to achieve with an example document and why the new line routing is unusable in an email, it would be useful feedback for us. Please choose Contact Omni from the help menu if you are able to share some details about why.

If you prefer the older line routing, try unchecking “Route through object center” in the properties inspector when the line tool is selected to use the older style orthogonal lines. I’d also suggest using a fixed page size if you preferred the OmniGraffle 5 style of working.

Thanks,

Lanette

Hi,
What you see in Pic one is the result after opening an old document with the new version of OmniGraffle.
What it looked like before the upgrade is seen in Pic 2.
So basically what happened is that the new orthogonal line routing has totally screwed up my drawing.

Edit: unfortunately I cannot upload another picture :(

What I would like is for my drawing to look as it was before the upgrade.

Cheers
Marc

Hi Marc,

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble. I’d be happy to help figure out how to get the lines back to where they are expected to be. If you want to send an example in email instead of the forums, so that it isn’t publicly available, email to omnigraffle@omnigroup.com.

Thanks,
Lanette

Hi,

Unchecking “route from object centres” solved the problem.
Thanks for the quick help

Cheers
Marc