Paste a list into separate items?

If I copy a list from a document and Ctrl-V it into OmniOutliner 5.4.2, the entire list shows up as one item in the outline. Is there a way to paste the list so that each item in the list becomes a separate item in OO?

If there isn’t, oh boy would I like to recommend that as an option.

1 Like

If you paste multiple paragraphs into an active row, it will all be inserted into that row. This is what you’re seeing. What you want to do is paste the content as new rows which will split each paragraph into a new row. To do this, you need to not be editing a row. There are multiple ways to end editing to do this. The easiest ones are probably to either click on a row handle (the bullet or triangle) or push cmd-return which is a toggle for editing.

1 Like

Thanks, Derek. You just made my life better.

1 Like

Or select at least two rows than paste :)

Not sure what the heck I am doing wrong here … this list started out in an email, I copied and pasted into Outliner, it makes it a single entry. I highlighted the previous row and tried again, it does the same. I tried pasting it into Notes, it looks fine there but when copied and pasted out of Notes into Outliner, still making a single entry. I tried cmd+return and this highlighted the previous row and when I pasted, same result, a single entry.

The ability to make text lists, import them into multiple lines, organize and then import into Focus is my goal and the entire reason I purchased and installed Outliner yesterday. I’m sure I am missing something simple but I cannot see it.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Here is my list:

deck modifications in back yard to add seating

concrete pad over the sand area to even it out and solidify the deck seats

paint all deck flooring areas light grey color (already own paint)

paint all deck uprights charcoal grey to match the rest of the trim

haul in 2 loads compost/dirt for the backyard flowerbeds

finish planting 2 more deliveries of incoming plants - lilacs/daylillies/some sunflowers

finish weeding and composting the front yard flowerbeds

haul new load of woodchip mix over to new north flowerbed under master bedroom window

straighten up all chicken electric fencing

sand/smooth entry doors from back deck, recoat white if needed

complete water resistant coating on back deck storage drawers, add pulls, move to location

weed all vegetation from underneath deck by south door

rehang laundry room door so it swings out v. in

bring home and hang art for laundry room

repair laundry counter with silicone seal

fabricate cover box for well house cap in front yard, tile top, add Mother’s Day cabin made by GK, fix up

If you click inside an empty row and paste, all the items will be in a single entry.

But if you select an empty row by clicking on the handle so that the entire row is highlighted, and then Paste … they’ll be separate items.