Paste and Match Style in OmniOutliner not working

Am I missing something here? Whenever I use ‘Paste and Match Style’ in OmniOutliner it misses up and just throw in whatever font and size is used in the source. It is quite a problem for me. My temporary solution is to copy the source > open up TextEdit > paste the source > copy the new source > paste into OmniOutliner.

This is an annoying detour for me. So I really hope I am missing something.

Could you upload a document which has the formatting you want to paste in OO ? I could test it.

Actually it’s everything I try, so you could for instance copy and paste the headline from this link:
https://edition.cnn.com/videos/business/2022/10/27/nightcap-tiktok-news-source-clip-orig-wl.cnn

I don’t see any issue with that. Don’t you see this ?

Yes that’s what I’m seeing, but not what I expect to see when I use the ‘Paste and Match Style’ feature which is supposed to match the style of the OmniOutliner document.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I’ll check again.

@unlocked2412 Thank you.

If anyone else can confirm whether this feature is working or not for them I would appreciate it.

There is no such feature.

Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 09.41.23

If you simply paste, I think the content is matched to the style of the row.

Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 09.41.13

1 Like

@unlocked2412: You know what? I think you are right!! So this has actually been the default all along? Thank you for helping figuring this out.

If you could choose between this as default or not in the settings, then I might have figured it out myself. Who knows :)

1 Like

They changed the default with OO4. Also, it used to be ‘match styles’ but they changed that too — I think with OO5. Note that OF3 continues to use ‘match style’. It’s an easy thing to confuse. If you root around the support pages you can see what each release’s keyboard/menu items were like.

FWIW, there is a thread on it here. Some of the logic is explained within.

Paste with Original Style

1 Like

Thank you the explanation, Mockman!

1 Like