Is there a list of rules that clearly explain how the filtering rules work in custom perspectives? There are so many combinations, it’s basically impossible to determine by trial and error what each set of rules does. Every time I think I have a combo figured out, there seems to be a “gotcha”.
I’ll offer an example. This is a test perspective:
- Don’t use project hierarchy
- Group actions by – Ungrouped
- Sort actions by – Due
- Filter by status – Any Status
- Filter by availability – All
- Filter by duration – Any Duration
- Filter contexts – On Hold
In my database, I have a top-level project folder that is Active, containing a parallel project that is Active, containing a single action that belongs to a context that is Dropped. The action has neither a defer nor a due date. In the perspective defined above, the project shows up as an entry. This raises a couple of questions for me:
- Why does a project show up in an action-based perspective at all?
- Why does this project appear in an “on hold” list when it is at worst stalled?
I’ve pored over all the OF manuals, but they skip over most of the filtering options. (In fact, the term “pending” doesn’t appear in the manual at all.) Any suggestions on a good reference? Thanks!