I have several rather orthogonal tag hierarchies: people (boss, colleague, wife), places (office, home, errands), priority (today (actually “todayish”), nextday, week, express, annoying-small-do-sometimes).
Most of the days my mode of work is to do:
- Whatever is exactly scheduled for the day - calendar in Forecast view
- Most/all of “today” tag - again doable in Forecast view
- Hopefully one-two things from express"
- Maybe a couple of things from “nextday”
- Maybe a couple of things from week
- Maybe “one thing” from “lazy annoying-small-do-sometimes”
Dashboard for it
Right now for items 1-2 I use Forecast view and the rest are just perspectives for a single tag that makes… too many perspectives, I have to jump between all them to remind myself of these things.
I am trying to figure a way for building a perspective that would include these six groups of tasks somehow, (or at least last four. 1-2 can stay in Forecast), ideally each group would show only 3-5 top tasks, but it’s okay even if it shows all tasks. I still see a lot of value of listing all these things grouped by priority tags on the same page.
I understand how to create perspective with all the tasks, but I fail to figure how to group by the priority tags. If I use “group tasks by tag” I get a complete mess, because of the orthogonal tag hierarchies: I would get groups for not just “today, nextday, express”, but for “today, office, nextday, wife, etc”.
- Or is building a perspective the best way at all?
- How would you do this sort of a dashboard?
- Or do you use some other way of planning work not to forget to do one-two items from important categories every now and then?