Possible ot adjust dates in a current action, w/o changing schedule for future recurrences?

Question about recurring tasks. Is there a method in OF to change the due date of a current action while still keeping future recurrences of that action on the set schedule? For example, I have an action due at the beginning of the month. This month I’m behind, so I want to schedule it for another day. Still, I want all the future recurrences to continue to trigger at the beginning of the following month. (There is a feature like this in calendar programs where you can move one recurring task without effecting the others.)

I do not see a way to do this in OF, so I thought I’d reach out to the community.

When this happens to me, my solution is to duplicate the action, advance the due date (and defer date, if relevant) to the next week or month on one, and make the other non-repeating, so I can give it another due date. It doesn’t take very long, and it’s my penance for falling behind. :)

3 Likes

That’s a great solution. I’ve been checking the original task completed and adding another, which is ridiculous for a lot of reasons. Very elegant solution and a good form of penance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.