Print settings when printing Project task items

Is it possible to remove or change the first line/row that prints

Omnifocus: Projects Printed xx/xx/xx, 00:00PM

Notta? This must be too simple or unanswerable. The community has been quicker in giving feedback in the past.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t appear to be possible currently. If you’d like to request this be added as an option, please send an email to omnifocus@omnigroup.com so that our support humans can make sure it is properly recorded.

As a workaround, you might try exporting from OmniFocus, and then editing the exported data if you need more granular control of the formatting. We support exporting to HTML, Plain Text & CSV in addition to OmniFocus format, so hopefully one of those formats is editable enough to give you the look you are going for.

It’s a bit of a hack, but you can “hide” this particular text by using the following guide for changing the template that OmniFocus uses when generating the printout:

https://support.omnigroup.com/omnifocus-2-modify-print-stylesheet/

Specifically, editing the .printdate color to match the background appears to do the trick:

.printdate {
	font-size: 9pt;
	font-weight: normal;
	margin-top: .25em;
	color: #f0f0f0;

}

As @lanettetest suggests, please send in a request to our support team if this is something you’d like to see in the print panel or if you have other questions or concerns.

2 Likes

Thanks @steve_s for sharing how to modify the print sheet! This is cool.

Looking forward to trying this out. The power to create a rainbow colored printout! I’ll try to avoid using Comic Sans or Papyrus fonts in the process.

Thanks both of you! I am reminded what an awesome company this is every time I talk to or communicate with the staff.

I’ve requested this as a feature add a few times. Any chance of getting this implemented as it seems simple enough.

I share Project tasks with colleagues often and having to cut this out every time I share a list of Tasks is pretty frustrating.