Project Due Date not affecting Actions

If I add a due date to the Project it then copies that same date to all the actions within the project. Is it possible to add a due date to the Project and leave the actions without Due Dates set?

I don’t believe so, but why would you want to do that? If a project has to be finished by a due date surely all its actions must be completed by then? What am I (and Omni Group) missing?!

Most projects for me are sporting events with a number of actions required at differing times prior to the event. None of these dates are the same but will be if I set a date in the Project Due Date.
What I want to do is set a date to Review the project and how steps are going. I guess I have just answered my own question by using Revew Date rather than Due Date!!

Task dates will not reset if their due date is before the new project/parent value.

1 Like

I think so 😊

Any due date set on a task overrides the project date.

I use the taskpaper format to regularly create projects where there are almost a hundred tasks which need to be completed over a period of 6 weeks.

The project has a due date, but certain tasks, (which have sub tasks) have date calculations in the taskpaper format which are the Project date - x number of days so I regularly get nudged to complete each mini project (those dated tasks) over time leading up to the project due date.

1 Like

Thank you, I will give that a try.

Thank you for pointing this out – I couldn’t work out what was going on - but of course it makes sense