Hi. Searched the forums and could not find an answer, and couldn’t accomplish it as well.
- Project with 5 independent tasks.
- Team with 5 people.
- Each task takes 5 days (so if done by a single person, project would take 5 business weeks).
- Some tasks are only doable by 1 person, others can be done in parallel up by 3 people, etc
- I don’t care which of the 5 people does which task.
Assuming the project starts on a Monday, I want to:
- Tell OmniPlan that “Task 1 and 2 can have a maximum of 2 people working on it”, “Task 3 and 4 a maximum of 1”, and “Task 5 a maximum of 3”
- Level the project and see the team’s resource being used accordingly:
2.0 See all tasks starting on Monday
2.1 Task 1 & 2 each with a duration of 2.5 days, ending together on mid-Wednesday
2.2 Task 3 & 4 each with a duration of 5 days, ending together on Friday
2.3 Task 5 with a duration of 3.33 days, ending some time on Thursday
- Remove Person 5 & re-level
- Watch Task 5 change duration from 3.33 days to 2.5, but now starting Wednesday and finishing Friday
I can’t seem to accomplish that. Is that possible?