Hi. I’m fairly new to OmniFocus. So, if I have overlooked something, please tell me.
A task I often do is to convert an action inside the inbox to a project and move it to a specific folder. On iOS, I can simply tell OmniFocus to convert the action to a project and it asks me in which folder to create the project. This is pretty quick.
On the Mac, however, the quickest way to do that I have figured out is the following:
- Press ⌘! to convert the action to a project.
- Press ⌥⌘1 to switch to the sidebar.
- Press ⌃⌘↑ to move the project below the folder that it shall be added to.
- Press ⌃⌘→ to move the project into the folder.
- Press ⌥⌘2 to continue editing the project.
This involves 15 key presses on a German keyboard, which is ridiculous in my opinion. Another way would be to drag the project in the sidebar into the folder. However, that can take a really long time because the list scrolls very slowly.
Is there a quicker way to do it, preferably using only the keyboard?