Reduce Line Spacing (increase data density)

I have been using Outliner for Mac for years and have just setup sync so that I can use Outliner in iOS as well.

What has struck me is all the wasted space between lines (reminds me of the early versions of OF2 before single line format came out). On the Mac I run the line spacing pretty tight but on tdhe smaller screen of the iPad I want it even tighter to maximize the amount I can see without scrolling, but it seems to be the opposite.

I have been through the settings but cannot find any setting to reduce line spacing. Am I missing something?

Does iOS Outliner read the spacing from the original Mac file? If so I will make it even tighter on the Mac to try and get rid of the space.

2 Likes

I also have the same question. I can’t seem to find an option anywhere to get rid of the unnecessary line padding. Any help would be appreciated. If it’s not possible, I would like to see it as a feature in a future update.

1 Like

Sorry for the inconvenience! Line height/line spacing adjustments can only be made in the Mac app right now, but if you send us an email at omnioutliner-ios@omnigroup.com we’ll add you to our feature request to bring that to the iOS app as well.

Yes, for sure. I use OmniOutliner for speaking notes on my iPad, so I want my notes to be compact and just show on one screen without scrolling. Currently, I get about half as much on the screen as I could, so I have to “print to pdf” from my mac and then open in another pdf app etc to get an adjustable view.

1 Like

Echoing this here; I have sent an email as a feature request.

I have long been a Pro user both on the Mac and iOS. Hope this gets added to the next version, which I’ll absolutely buy at the Pro level.

We designed the iPad app with more space per row to make each row’s controls easier to manipulate using your finger. (The minimum row height follows Apple’s guidelines for control heights, which are based on how large your finger is.)

But it makes sense for us to revisit this: those guidelines were meant for optimizing touch-based editing, but when viewing an outline I’d much rather see more rows at once than to have them be easily touched. (Also, I now do a lot of my editing on an iPad Pro with a keyboard and Apple Pencil, where finger size is much less important.)

3 Likes