Regd. creating stencils - how to combine a group of objects permanently

Dear fellow users,

I have been able to create custom designs by combining a group of objects. However, I would like to combine the shapes permanently. The intention is to create meaningful stencils and publish on Stenciltown. Any advise on this highly appreciated.

thanks
Binoy

If you have OmniGraffle Pro you can unite shapes by Edit>Objects>Unite. Groups are standard and ok to have in stencils.

Thanks,
Lanette

1 Like

Thanks Lanette. The problem with unite is, it is not permanent. You can still edit those stencils. What I am trying is to avoid the possibility of people editing custom made stencils.

You can export your stencil as read only if you want to make it less likely for the graphics to be edited on purpose. You could also export the selections as graphics and place those graphics into the stencil.

Thank you for your kind suggestion. I’ll try this out. Could you please tell me how to export the selections as graphics and place those graphics into the stencil?

Sure! Select what you want to export on canvas, and from file/export choose “Selection” from the dropdown.