Reordering Projects and Task

Continuing the discussion from Moving Projects in Project View:

Re-ordering projects in Project view and re-ordering tasks within projects is very unintuitive and results in a lot of mis-sorting. I normally will add a handful of tasks to a new project and go back and assign importance and due dates, then order everything based on an internal method of sorting what should be completed first. This should be a pretty straightforward process, but most of the time I end up nesting tasks or projects and burning time trying to precisely line up the nesting structure. This process should be much much easier than it is currently.

5 Likes

I’m glad you brought this up. I’m having the same problem and have resorted to using the keyboard shortcuts to move actions around. Whenever I try to use the mouse it nests the action into another, instead of inserting between it.

Very frustrating.

1 Like

I thought it was just me, but I too have a heck of a time dragging things where they should be. Incredibly frustrating at times.

1 Like

If I understand what you’re saying, yes, I also have these problems. Visual indications of where you are about to drop the task you’re dragging are not very clear.

Has anybody reported this by e-mail as a bug or as something that needs to be addressed?

We changed some stuff in this area, lately. Is it better?

1 Like

Yes, I am finding it to be much improved - thank you!

Yes, it’s now good for me. Thanks!

Yes I find this better also but still a pain at times.

Has anyone had the problem of their project folders randomly reordering them selves.
I alphabetize my projects and a half dozen times now they randomly reorder.
Today one move as I hovered over it.

I actually noticed the other day this process is much smoother. Thanks!

Fairly new to OmniFocus 2 for Mac. I can’t seem to figure out how to move projects around. Can’t drag them, I’ve tried multiple things to try and rearrange by priority. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried moving them in Project view? The order in Context view can be dependent on what is in Project view.