Restore previous windows/tabs/layout on launch

Is there any way to preserve the current layout (that is, the arrangement of windows and tabs with their view options) in OmniFocus, and have that automatically restored whenever you launch it? I’m sure that used to happen automatically, but it hasn’t for some time, and it’s a real pain to have to manually set things up the way I want them, every time.

Thanks.

If you open up System Preferences and go to the General pane, you’ll find a “Close windows when quitting an app” checkbox. If this checkbox is unchecked, your tabs and windows should automatically be restored when you relaunch OmniFocus.

Since this is a system-wide setting, it will also have a similar impact in other apps.

1 Like

Thanks, Tim…problem solved!

1 Like

You’re very welcome @fort. Good to hear this did the trick!

You might enjoy having an OmniFocus specific window controller. I use mine everyday to control the OmniFocus window environment. I’ve kept it simple but this technique can be expanded to support numerous other workflows.

Interesting, thanks. I’m holding off on upgrading to Big Sur for now but will check it out when I do.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.