Sharing Tasks in Omnifocus 3

As promised in Omnifocus 3 - is the ability to share tasks with another Omni user going to happen when O 3 is launched ?

2 Likes

This did not make the deadline for OF3 launch. But it is scheduled for release after Version 3.0. Perhaps version 3.1? This isn’t the end of the feature set additions. More features will be coming…

2 Likes

I’m really looking forward to this feature.
I use OF3 for myself, but really want to be able to share tasks with my wife… it makes so much sense.
This isn’t a major “project management” need, just home tasks, and we work on a business together, so it would be such a great way to manage day-to-day items.

2 Likes

Any news on this matter?

I want to share tasks with a couple of my children and was a bit surprised this was not a feature.

2 Likes

Yes, please. This for me is the most important feature I need. I work in a small team of 4 people and need this feature. I was really hoping to have it in OF3 as announced, but was very disappointed when only tags were added… any time soon??? Thanks,

I want to share tasks with a couple of my children and was a bit surprised this was not a feature.

Any news on this? Have wanted this feature for years.

Well, now the OmniFocus on the web is implemented, I REALLY hope sharing will be next.

1 Like

It doesn’t look like this made it into the 2020 roadmap. Maybe they’ve abandoned development on this feature?

Ken DID mention this briefly in the 2020 Roadmap:

Specifically, we will continue our work on sharing linked tasks in OmniFocus, and on improving integration both between our own apps (such as linking tasks between OmniFocus and OmniPlan) and between our apps and others (such as OmniGraffle’s import and export of Visio and SVG files).

However, I have learned to NOT hold my breath.

After a long search for a viable collaborative tool for my spouse and team (including testing Asana, Basecamp, Trello, Monday, Teamwork, etc) I finally settled on ClickUp. Incredibly flexible, feature-rich-yet-simple-if-you-need-it-to-be, fast and transparent developers, first-class tech support, multi-Platform, etc. Highly recommend ClickUp for anyone tired of waiting for OmniGroup to implement Collaborative features.

1 Like

I’ve been using Apple Reminders for shared tasks with my wife. She doesn’t “get” OmniFocus and Reminders worked better with her.

Thanks for this - they had sharing on their road map months ago - typical road map expectation versus reality - everyone else has caught up and sharing is now standard and not a USP!